ActiveRecord for AngularJS
angular-activerecord is an Backbone.Model inspired modellayer for AngularJS.
Differences compared to Backbone.Model
- Added static fetchOne(id) and fetchAll() methods.
- No attributes property
- Because the properties and methods are on the same level the ActiveRecord method & properties are prefixed with "$""
- Stripped out functionality that is provided by angular)
- No getter/setter methods
- No event system.
- No dependancy on underscore
- No dependancy on jQuery
- No Collection class
Goals / Features (compared to $resource)
- Extendable OOP designed models (instance methods per type, )
- Enable parsing jsonData
- Allow default values
- Allow alternative backends
- Allow alternative url schemes (like .json suffixed)
Minimal configuration (only an urlRoot), the json-object from the rest api is the spec.
Add "ActiveRecord" as module dependancy.
The ActiveRecord methods are prefixed with "$" to prevent naming-collisions with properties from your rest api.